Welcome to OCD Dave, my name is Dave Mackey and I’ll be your host during your visit. OCD Dave is focused on mental health. While it originally centered on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), especially Religious OCD (aka, Scrupulosity) it has since expanded. Additional focuses include depression, attention deficit disorder, personality disorders (general), borderline personality disorder (specifically), and adult children of dysfunction.
The site will likely expand into OCD spectrum disorders such as trichotillomania and body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) as well as in-depth articles on several personality disorders: (similar to the current on BPD).
The site exists for two primary purposes:
- First, to aid those who are suffering. As someone who has suffered and does suffer from OCD, Depression (dysthymic with major depressive episodes), and ADD I empathize with your suffering. I have found hope in hearing the struggles and insights of others and hope that my struggles and insights may be of similar assistance to those who stumble upon this site.
- Secondly, this is a method of therapy for myself. I find writing about my struggles and insights cathartic. You’ll notice spurts of activity where content on the site increases – usually this means I am personally struggling in these areas and am looking for new ways to cope with these struggles. So, OCD Dave is in part just about me (sorry…actually, no I’m not! :)) working through my own problems.
Take some time to explore and feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or criticisms you may have. Thanks!
- Adult Children of Dysfunction (ACOD)
- Alternative Health Treatments for Mental Health
- Building Self-Esteem.
- Managing Anger
- Overcoming Guilt
- Overcoming Procrastination.
- Responding to External Critics
- Tool #5: Double Column Worksheet
- OCD – Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- OCD Dave Site Map
- Of Suffering
- Other Stuff
- Personality Disorders
- Reading List
- Stuff That Will Go Somewhere.