Day 11 – Fluoxetine and Wellbutrin

I awoke at 1:45 am on Sunday (9/8). I decided I would trim down my sermon by around 2/3rd’s, so I began that process. I went back to sleep around 3 am and then rose again at 8 am. I did the usual “essential” tasks (shower, shave, brush teeth, yada, yada) and then worked on the sermon some more – ensuring I had trimmed it down correctly.

Off to church by 9:30 am. I somehow managed to print my slides without also printing the notes (and I swore I selected the slides and notes page!), but this isn’t the first time I’ve done this…so I had to preach w/out the usual “catch phrases” I use to remind myself of various cues – but it seemed to go okay.

After the service was finger food fellowship and then the intern meeting – though I need to rename it since with Kyle, Cayla, and Taylor participating it isn’t just interns anymore.

I was home by 3 pm – watched a movie and then finished out a fiction novel I had been reading (Below – it wasn’t that good). Took a nap from 5-6 pm. I think it must be the Wellbutrin which is affecting my napping. While this is better than the no-napping I’ve been having previously, a one hour nap is still short for me…but I’m okay with it – as long as I can still get through the day.

Most of the rest of the evening was spent reading and relaxing. I’m still powering through the Old Testament (around 75% done) in an effort to divide into reasonable selections readings from Scripture across a seven year period.

I went to bed by midnight and fell fast asleep.

I took Fluoxetine and the first Wellbutrin dose in the morning, the second dose of Wellbutrin was right after I returned home from church – around 3 pm.

I’m trying to take the second Wellbutrin dose between 12 pm – 2 pm, as the dose is “effective” for twelve hours – so if I take it later in the day it may keep me up at night.

I’ve had some slight nausea / headaches on occasion – but these seem to have cleared up. We’ll see how this dosage goes for a while – but what I’d like to do eventually is to step up the morning dose (to say 150 mg or even 200 mg) and then step down the afternoon dose (say to 50 mg)…

Overall, nothing too exciting to report. I did have a few bouts with depressive thinking – but I was able to resist them – which I’d credit more to the medication having a positive effect than my ninja skills.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.