“Think I’m ready / I think I’ve got it / Cause too much thinking is bad for my health / It’s like a fire ’cause when I start it / I can’t control it and I burn myself / But I can’t just sit here and watch it / If we don’t stop it no one will”
“1. Without exception, you shall not confess sins you have already confessed.”
“We are the ones, we are the guns / And we will ride, we are the voice of a song unsung / We are the change, we are the chains that hold us / We are the choice, we are the strong / We are one”
“2. You shall confess only sins that are clear and certain.”
“My heart is racing, just like a rocket / Victory looks like a distant dream / Cause what we’re fighting is not gonna stop / But we can beat it if we just believe / But I can’t just sit here and watch it / If we don’t stop it no one will”
“3. You shall not repeat your penance or any of the words of your penance after confession–for any reason.”
“When I feel numb I’ll let you know, / I won’t become what I was before, / You cannot kill what’s not your creation, / This is the Art of Breaking”
“4. You shall not worry about breaking your pre-Communion fast unless you put food and drink in your mouth and swallow it in the same way as when you eat a meal.”
“I think I might just lose my mind / If I have to watch this one more time / I can’t explain how many times I’ve / Stayed for you when you were on my mind”
“5. You shall not worry about powerful and vivid thoughts, desires, and imaginings involving sex and religion unless you deliberately generate them for the purpose of offending God.”
“No one ever said that it was easy / So come out of the cold and stop your bleeding / I never would of thought that things could / Go this far, but please believe me”
“6. You shall not worry about powerful and intense feelings, including sexual feelings or feelings expressed during emotional outbursts, unless you deliberately generate them for the purpose of offending God.”
“Are you gonna run away, and leave me here alone? / Are you gonna run away, and leave me here?”
“7. You shall obey your confessor when he tells you never to repeat a general confession of sins already confessed to him or another confessor.”
“I’ve got a lot going on inside / Don’t know if I can work things out this time / Need a little space to clear my mind / But I’ll be fine”
“8. When you doubt your obligation to do or not do something, you will see your doubt as proof that there is no obligation.”
“Don’t slip, it’s not always this cold / I’m tired of acting like I know / Am I searching for the answers? / No one knows”
“9. When you are doubtful, you shall assume that the act of commission or omission you’re in doubt about is not sinful, and you shall proceed without dread of sin.”
“I’m spinning, out of control / Not knowing which way to go / Feelin’ left out in the cold”
“10. You shall put your total trust in Jesus Christ, knowing he loves you as only God can and that he will never allow you to lose your soul.”
“I just wanna let go of it all / And climb up over the wall / I need some help to get back on my feet / If you’re out there, cover me”
- Commandments 1 & 2 are from Scrupulous Anonymous, July 2013, Vol. 50, No. 7.
- Commandments 3 & 4 are from Scrupulous Anonymous, August 2013, Vol. 50, No. 8.
- Commandments 5 & 6 are from Scrupulous Anonymous, September 2013, Vol. 50, No. 9.
- Commandments 7 & 8 are from Scrupulous Anonymous, October 2013, Vol. 50, No. 10.
- Commandments 9 & 10 are from Scrupulous Anonymous, November 2013, Vol. 50, No. 11.
- The first three excerpts of song lyrics are from Thousand Foot Krutch’s (TFK) song “We Are” on the album “The End is Where We Begin.”
- The next three excerpts of song lyrics are from TFK’s song “The Art of Breaking” on the album of the same name.
- The next two excerpts of song lyrics are from TFK’s song “Everyone Like Me” on the album “Set It Off.”
- The next two excerpts of song lyrics are from TFK’s song “Outta Control” on the album “Welcome to the Masquerade.”