Day 2.15 (Wed->Thurs)
- Used CES both morning and evening.
- Exercised for 1.75 hrs.
- Used Lumosity for 1.5 hrs.
- Napped for 1.5 hrs.
- Traveled for groceries and to provide assistance to congregant.
- FitBit reports that I had 88% sleep efficiency (low).
- It took me 6 min. to fall asleep (average).
- I was awakened 24 times throughout the night (high).
- I was in-bed for 8 hrs. 10 mins. and actually asleep for 7 hrs. 5 mins.
- It appears most of my difficulty was soon after going to bed (12 am, 1 am) and then again around 3 am, 5 am, 6 am. I think this pattern is fairly normative for me – two-three hours of good sleep, interruption, repeat cycle.
- Subjectively, my depression was lower than usual, but still holding steady. My anxiety was lower than usual, in spite of stressors (e.g. travel, phone calls, difficult conversations, etc.).
- I am unsure whether the CES has helped significantly – and in fact, if it does it should only be starting to do so – as it usually takes a few weeks to begin seeing results. However, I do know that it is helping me establish a “sleep ritual” which is important to proper sleep. Around 30 mins. before I intend to go to bed I put on the CES, close down my laptop, and begin reading. I find the CES gives feelings of warmth and relaxation which support sleep, and when it goes off I usually plan to have around 10 more mins. before I actually turn off the lights and sleep.
- Overall, while my test scores have remained fairly high (though decreasing slightly), I am subjectively feeling better. I feel fairly stable – this is a place I like to be – and if I could eliminate the excessive napping I’d be one happy camper.